1. I have already filed my complaint with the Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB), against a bank who is now a SIDREC member. If my complaint relates to a capital market product or service, do I have to now file it again with SIDREC? 
  No, you do not have to do anything. You may continue to communicate with the FMB case manager who has been assisting you. All complaints received by FMB prior to the amendment will continue to be handled by FMB.
2. If I have a dispute against one of these banks and have not yet filed my complaint with FMB, do I file it with SIDREC?
  Yes, as of 5 September 2016, all complaints involving monetary claims, relating to capital market products and services should be filed with SIDREC. Please contact     SIDREC for more information.
SIDREC’s telephone number is 03-2282 2280 or you can email [email protected]  For more details, please visit https://sidrec.com.my
3. How do I file my complaint with SIDREC?
  You may call SIDREC at 03-2282 2280, write to SIDREC by email or letter or drop by SIDREC’s office at Unit A-9-1, Level 9, Tower A, Menara UOA Bangsar, 5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur. SIDREC’s case manager will walk you through the steps. SIDREC’s dispute resolution process is also illustrated on SIDREC’s website.   SIDREC’s complaint form may be downloaded from SIDREC’s website. https://sidrec.com.my.
4. What are the types of capital market products and services within SIDREC’s purview?
  Capital market products that come under SIDREC’s purview include all securities (such as shares, unit trusts, warrants, bonds, structured products such as structured warrants etc.), derivatives (e.g. futures or options) and Private Retirement Schemes (PRS). Capital market services include any service that involves a capital market product e.g. this would include all aspects of helping you invest in shares, unit trusts, PRS, structured products or any other securities or derivatives. If you are unsure whether your claim/complaint is within SIDREC’s purview, please contact SIDREC.
5. If my complaint is in the midst of being handled by FMB, will it be transferred to SIDREC midway?
  No it will not. Any complaints already filed with FMB will continue to be handled by FMB.
6. What is the limit to my monetary claim?
  SIDREC’s monetary limit per claim is RM250,000. However, where both parties wish to seek SIDREC’s help for its mediation services only, SIDREC will assist in disputes involving claims exceeding RM250,000.
7. Do I have to pay for SIDREC’s dispute resolution services?
  SIDREC’s services are free for investors. It is a one-stop independent, expert dispute resolution service established by Securities Commission Malaysia to handle disputes related to investments in capital markets.

5 September 2016