Kuala Lumpur, 4 April 2011
SC investigates unlicensed futures trading activities
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) is investigating the activities of the following individuals for possible breaches of the securities laws in relation to the trading in futures contracts without a licence:
1. Ahmad Fauzi bin Ambran (NRIC number: 770709-08-5605)
2. Ahmad Nazmi bin Mohamed (NRIC number: 850521-03-5243)
3. Mohd Shahrul Firdaus bin Zakaria (NRIC number: 851220-08-5049)
4. Mohd Khalid bin Sujud (NRIC number: 870516-01-5609)
5. Fakhrul Arif bin Ahmad Husni (NRIC number: 880526-08-6063)
6. Fakhrul Mukmin bin Ahmad Husni (NRIC number: 840922-08-5891)
7. Fakhrul Razi bin Ahmad Husni (NRIC number: 910727-08-6013)
None of the above persons are licensed by the SC to solicit for monies nor to trade in futures contract on behalf of others. Therefore, the public is advised not to deal with or part with any monies to these individuals in connection with trading in futures contracts and to contact the SC should they have information about such dealings.
The public is reminded to be wary of investment schemes promising unusually high returns. Where such schemes are purportedly linked to licensed intermediaries, investors are advised to verify the legitimacy of such schemes with the licensed intermediary concerned or with the SC.
Members of the public with information or enquiries about this or similar schemes are advised to contact the SC’s Investor Affairs & Complaints department by email at [email protected] or phone: 03-62048999 immediately.
The public is also advised to only deal with companies and individuals licensed by the SC as listed here.
SECURITIES COMMISSION MALAYSIA