Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center (SIDREC)
– The Alternative Dispute Resolution Body for the Malaysian Capital Market
- Are you a highly-motivated self starter?
- Would you describe yourself as a level-headed individual, able to provide solutions for parties in dispute?
- Do you relish the challenges of being the pioneer staff of a newly-established organization?
SIDREC is an independent dispute resolution body established to resolve disputes or claims between individual investors and capital market intermediaries, who will be SIDREC’s members.
We will offer and operate a dispute resolution mechanism which is accessible, efficient and effective, based on the principle of fairness and reasonableness. In this regard, SIDREC will promote and facilitate the satisfactory resolution, mediation or withdrawal of such disputes and claims. SIDREC will also collaborate with the regulators of the capital market towards achieving its objectives.
We are currently looking for experienced and dynamic candidates for the following position to join us in our pioneering endeavour.
Your accountabilities will be to:
- Conduct inquiries into claims or disputes filed by investors
- Mediate a claim or dispute between the investors and capital market intermediaries which are members of SIDREC in order to facilitate a fair and amicable settlement
- Adjudicate on disputes or claims that cannot be resolved in the mediation process
You should have:
- Preferably a degree in law from a recognized university or its equivalent
- At least six (6) years of experience in:
- handling arbitration or mediation
- legal practice involving corporate matters or the capital market or
- dealing with capital market products and services
(Those with experience in the judicial and legal service in relation to handling corporate, commercial or capital market cases may also apply)
Other General Requirements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as sound judgment
- Exceptional ability to write, communicate and operate under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a diverse team
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
Remuneration and Benefits
An attractive package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to successful candidates.
How to apply?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and a recent passport-size photograph (non-returnable) by post or e-mail to :
SECURITIES INDUSTRY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER (909583-H)
20th Floor, Bangunan AmBank Group, 55 Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
E-mail : [email protected]
Closing date : 7 January 2011
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)