Your role is to:
Strategise, plan and conduct inspections of registered auditors and conduct inquiries for breaches of Audit Oversight Board (AOB) requirements under the Securities Commission (Amendment) Act 2009.
Your accountabilities will be to:
- Plan and conduct inspections of audit firms/files registered with AOB in accordance with inspection Manual
- Facilitate/implement initiatives as decided by AOB management that would promote governance and enhance productivity
- Conduct inquiry on auditors/audit firms for transgressions detected in the course of an inspection
- Prepare inspection and inquiry reports, recommend the necessary actions and present to AOB management/ Board
- Establish professional work relationship with audit firms/ auditors to facilitate efficient and effective gathering of information
- Disseminate and communicate relevant information to stakeholders
You should have:
- A strong first degree in accounting or finance or an equivalent accounting professional qualification
- At least eight (8) years’ audit work experience
- Good understanding of commercial practices and corporate developments nationally and internationally
- Proficient knowledge in auditing and accounting standards and experience in auditing public interest entities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work in a team