|Development & Islamic Markets
||Candidate’s role is to:
||Candidate should have:
- Drive the formulation of market development strategies and lead initiatives for the development of the Malaysian Capital Market to enhance market efficiency, vibrancy, liquidity, competitiveness and diversity of products and services, while ensuring alignment with SC’s regulatory mandate.
- The candidate will provide leadership and direction for market development initiatives, including monitoring of global trends and identification of new areas for development to broaden the Malaysian Capital Market. He or she will lead the formulation and on-going review of policies and regulatory framework on market development, to ensure their continued relevance and effectiveness.
- The candidate will engage with internal and external stakeholders, on matters relevant to capital market development. In doing so, the candidate should have an extensive financial services industry experience, be able to draw from thought leadership capabilities and possess an excellent understanding of the overall Malaysian Capital Market. He or she will lead and supervise the team in driving the achievement of goals and deliverables, whilst ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the department.
- Strong first/post-graduate degree in Law, Economics, Accounting or other relevant fields
- At least fourteen (14) years, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge in quantitative or econometric tools and its application
- Ability to represent the SC in external domestic and international engagements, and provide SC input and/or responses on macroeconomic policy issues and its impact on the Malaysian capital market;
- Ability to assess global and national economic, market, corporate and legal developments from an economic perspective and provide advice and recommendations;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in joining the SC, you are invited to submit your application at https://careersatsc.seccom.com.my/career/.